In my day....
1. We took bologna with mayo and tuna salad sandwiches to school and they sat in our lockers for hours before lunch. With NO ice pack!!
2. My brothers took turns trying to lie on that ledge between the rear seat and the rear window of our big boaty Caprice Classic.
3. I don't remember my parents helping me with any school projects.
4. We used suntan lotion, not sunscreen.
5. My mother made dinner EVERY night. Going out to a restaurant was a rare treat.
6. We walked to school and came home for lunch in elementary school.
7. My parents had only one car until I was in high school.
8. I made $1 per hour at the peak of my babysitting career.
9. Kids played with their friends after school. Nobody really had a schedule. As long as you got your homework done things were good.
10. "Time out" was a sporting term, not a parenting technique.
11. Phones didn't go in your purse. Cash didn't come out of a metal machine.
12. My dad was the lawn service. My brothers were the driveway-shovelers.
I'm sure there are many more, but as you know they say the memory is the second thing to go....
How else were things different in your day?
2 days ago