Wednesday, February 14, 2007

To Die For?


Some women get flowers and chocolates on Valentine's Day. Some lucky ones even get jewelry. I got a stomachache and a plastic rose. Mr. Minivan is on a plane to New York so my two young Valentines and I joined my NBF here and her two kids for dinner. We went to a Japanese/sushi chain buffet that offers lots of beautifully-presented but very average food for one price. Kind of like cruise ship food without the seasickness. Kids are charged according to their height. Boy #1 ate rice and fruit. Unfortunately he is tall enough to be charged as an adult. Each female patron got a plastic rose as she exited. How festive. On a normal Valentine's Day I'd be looking for sexy lingerie to put on. Now I just want sweatpants and my remote. It was such a fun night though--we laughed the whole time. That's what it's all about --not the food. I'd much rather eat at Subway with someone who is fun and interesting than eat at the fanciest restaurant with people who bore me. Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends and family--near and far. I'll meet you at Subway soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sexy lingerie, damned I missed it!

Martwork said...

Don't worry honey, Valentine's Day will be back next year...