Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's happened again!

The breakdown continues. My sister-in-law was over and I offered her some tea. As the water boiled, I went to get my little Tupperware container of tea bags. A fabulous assortment, I might add, everything from mint herbal to PG Tips to plain old Lipton. Unfortunately, however, I could not find them. The container, which should have been in its usual spot, wasn't. I searched the pantry and all my cabinets. Nothing. Maybe it's with my sunglasses. If I could barely find my minivan, I'll never find the tea. I broke the bad news to her. "I lost my tea, can I get you something else, some coffee, a Coke?" She'll just have some hot water. "What are you, 80?" I asked. Hot water is impossible to lose. Should I be concerned? Is a pattern developing?

4 comments:

CocoRudy said...

I am just not convinved that you are more than your minivan. Please provide evidence to that effect assuming you can remember it.

Crankyboy said...

when you can't find your house then worry.

The Big Squay said...

Use children as external "memory" devices. Tell the child what's on the grocery list and take them shopping. Point out where you parked the minivan and offer a treat if they can find it again. Give them your todo list and let them run your life. They already run it for you anyhow.

Martwork said...

I'd do all that but I forgot what you said...